The global sales training software market was valued at USD 1.92 billion in 2021 and is expected to reach USD 6.11 billion by 2030, growing at a CAGR of 14.0% from 2022 to 2030.
The market is snowballing due to the increasing adoption of cloud-based software, the growing needs for sales enablement, and the rising demand for personalized training.
Sales training software is essential for sales success and revenue growth, and we’ll give you five reasons why you should use it too.
In this article, we will explore:
- What is sales training software?
- 5 reasons why you must use sales training software
- Top 3 sales training software
- Five factors to consider when choosing sales training software
What is sales training software?
Sales training software is a specialized tool or platform that supports the training and development of sales professionals. It helps them improve their skills, knowledge, and performance.
Sales training software offers sales professionals a comprehensive and interactive learning experience through various sales training tools like training modules, simulations, assessments, and coaching.
For example, sales training software can track and measure the progress and performance of each rep, identify skill gaps and areas for improvement, and provide personalized coaching and recommendations.
You can also integrate it with your CRM systems and other sales tools. Doing so will ensure all your training material and valuable insights are in the CRM. Your sales reps can access everything they need in one place, making their lives a whole lot easier.
5 reasons why you must use sales training software
- Increase sales productivity and efficiency
- Enhance customer satisfaction and loyalty
- Boost employee engagement and retention
- Gain a competitive edge in the market
- Personalized training
Increase sales productivity and efficiency
Your sales reps need the right skills and knowledge to sell effectively.
For instance, you can share all the information sales reps need to learn—no more boring, time-consuming in-person training sessions! It saves time and money and helps new hires get up to speed faster.
Sales training software also helps standardize the sales processes and best practices across teams, ensuring consistency and quality in your interactions.
Enhance customer satisfaction and loyalty
Empower your sales reps with the skills and knowledge to deliver value-added solutions to ensure happy customers.
Training solutions empower your team with skills like objection handling, deal negotiation, sales closing, and top-notch after-sales service. These skills enable sales reps to communicate effectively and professionally with customers.
Customer loyalty that stands the test of time.
Boost employee engagement and retention
A study from Gallup also found that highly engaged employees are less likely to be looking for new jobs.
A sales training software solution creates an enjoyable learning experience for your sales team. It makes learning more effective and keeps teams engaged.
Instead of boring manuals, it offers interactive exercises and engaging videos, like one demonstrating how to use your company’s CRM system.
Sales reps appreciate this dynamic approach because it helps them remember information for longer periods.
Gain a competitive edge in the market
In today's competitive marketplace, having a well-trained and informed sales team is crucial for business success.
With sales training software, you can empower your reps to offer customers unique value propositions and solutions by equipping them with market and competition knowledge.
When your sales reps know about industry trends and competitors, they can be more proactive in their sales approach. They can identify new markets, niches, or segments to target, boosting their sales performance and driving growth.
But it's not just about staying up-to-date. Sales training software also helps your sales reps develop the expertise and confidence needed to provide practical solutions to customers.
Everyone is different. What works for one may not work for another, especially when it comes to training.
For instance, if a rep is facing challenges in closing deals, they might benefit from training that focuses on negotiation skills. On the other hand, a new sales rep could benefit from training specifically tailored to familiarize them with the tools used within your organization.
A sales learning software helps you track training activities, assess reps’ performances, identify areas of improvement, and monitor progress. Based on this data, you can create personalized training and share relevant content and feedback to help reps improve.
Top 3 sales training software
Fireflies is a conversation intelligence software that helps sales teams train and coach more effectively. Here are some of Fireflies’s features for sales reps:
- Call recording and transcription: Fireflies records and transcribes your sales calls with over 90% accuracy and stores them in the Fireflies Notebook for easy sharing and record keeping.
- Information searching: Effortlessly review calls in minutes with Fireflies.ai's powerful search features. With Fireflies Smart Search, you can access essential call data like metrics, questions asked, and the overall sentiment of the conversation.
You can also track topics such as pricing, objections, budget, or competitors using the Topic Tracker. Anytime these topics are mentioned by prospects during the call, Fireflies will show you exactly where and when they were mentioned in the meeting transcripts, helping you review hour-long calls in minutes.
- Sales coaching: Conversation intelligence allows sales managers to review sales calls at a team and individual level. You can see how many calls your reps make if they talk more than listen, use many filler words, talk too fast, and more. With such analytics, you can create coaching programs backed by data instead of a hunch.
- Integrations: Fireflies integrates with other tools like Salesforce, HubSpot, and Slack, eliminating the need to manually enter information in the CRM solution and automating workflows.
- Automated follow-up emails: AskFred can create automated follow-up emails to send to prospects, making it easier for sales reps to stay in touch with potential customers.
Gong is also a conversation intelligence platform that helps sales teams track, analyze, and improve their sales calls. It does this by recording and transcribing sales calls, identifying key insights, and coaching recommendations.
Gong's sales training and coaching features include:
- Call recording and transcription: Gong captures and transcribes all your sales calls with around 86% accuracy.
- Call analysis: Gong provides smart analytics, such as questions asked, action items, time/date, and the ability to track custom keywords like “Objections” and “Buying Signals.”
- Deal board: The deal board lets you view all your deals in one place. You can see at what stage they are in the pipeline and what needs to be done to close them. This helps the managers and the sales team make better sales strategies.
- Whisper: Whisper allows sales managers to give tips and feedback to reps during sales calls without interrupting the conversation. The customer cannot hear the sales manager, so the conversation remains natural.
- Deal intelligence: Get insights into your prospects' buying process and identify opportunities to close more deals.
Brainshark is a sales enablement platform that helps sales teams create, deliver, and track sales content. It provides tools for creating and editing presentations, recording and sharing sales calls and monitoring sales performance.
Brainshark's features for sales training include:
- Content creation tools: Create and edit presentations with templates, drag-and-drop tools, and an image and video library.
- Call recording and sharing: Record and share calls for training and feedback.
- Sales performance tracking: Track metrics like call volume, close rates, and average deal size.
- Coaching and feedback: Improve sales skills with personalized coaching plans, feedback, and reviews.
- Reporting and analytics: Track progress and identify areas for improvement with dashboards, reports, and data visualizations.
Five factors to consider when choosing sales training software
1. Your budget
Sales training software solutions differ in price from a few dollars to several thousand dollars annually. Setting a budget before exploring your options is essential so you don’t overspend.
2. Your sales team's needs
Not all sales teams are the same. Some may need a basic training solution, while others may require a more comprehensive solution. Ultimately, the best sales training software for you is the one that meets your team’s specific needs.
3. The features you need
Sales training software tools come with various features, such as call recording, transcription, analysis, video training, and more. Choose the software with the best features that would help your sales team.
4. The ease of use
Sales training software shouldn't be complicated to navigate. Look for user-friendly software, so you can spend more time training your team and less time figuring out how to use it.
5. The customer support
If you encounter any issues with the software, you'll want prompt and reliable support from the provider. Look for a software solution with a solid reputation for customer support.
Sales training software is like a personal trainer for your sales team. Its purpose is to whip your reps into shape and give them the skills and knowledge they need to close more deals.
So, if you want your sales team to be in tip-top shape, it’s time to start using sales training software!