Grain has become one of the most popular go-to tools for individuals and businesses looking to record and transcribe meetings.
While Grain has many helpful features, you may be on the hunt for other affordable tools with more advanced functionalities that better suit your business needs.
Luckily, in this blog post, you'll discover 8 top-notch Grain alternatives available today that'll effortlessly streamline your meeting note-taking and transcription.
You need a tool that not only transcribes but records, summarizes, analyzes, and saves your meeting conversations in one place.
Enter Fireflies. This AI-powered meeting assistant provides you with over 90% accurate transcripts, so you don't have to deal with "he said, she said" recaps or scramble to take manual notes.
You can also analyze these transcripts and access valuable meeting metrics, including sentiment, talk-to-listen ratio, and speaker analytics.
Fireflies offers 50+ integrations (over 45 more than Grain does) to seamlessly automate your workflow and sync transcripts to your favorite CRMs.
And when it comes to accessibility, Fireflies surpasses Grain as it supports transcription in 32+ languages, which exceeds Grain by over 20 languages.
Plus, unlike other Grain alternatives, Fireflies offers more affordable and transparent pricing with more advanced and helpful features.
Top features of Fireflies:
- Audio/video recording, transcription, and summarization of meetings
- Multi-language transcriptions rich with speaker labels
- Meeting Soundbites for easy sharing and reference
- Collections of Soundbites using "Playlists"
- Chrome extension for automatic capturing and transcription of Google Meet calls
- Transcription of existing audio recordings in MP3, MP4, M4A, and WAV formats
- Smart Search for keywords, themes, and topic searches
- Timestamped comments for easier review
- Intuitive interface for easy reviewing and editing of transcripts
- Integration with over 50 platforms, including dialers, productivity apps, and web conferencing tools
- API for custom integrations
- Call insights to boost organizational performance
- Centralized location for all of your conversations and calls
tl;dv (Too Long; Didn't View) is a Grain alternative that records, transcribes, and summarizes Zoom and Google Meet conversations.
This AI-powered platform provides speaker detection, keyword search, and automatic summarization of key moments. It integrates with various collaboration platforms and CRMs, allowing seamless sharing of meeting insights and discussions.
Top features of tl;dv:
- Real-time transcriptions in over 20 languages
- AI summaries and notes
- Time-stamped meeting moments
- Meeting clips and reels
- Integration with Salesforce, HubSpot, Notion, and Slack
- Speaker recognition
Pricing: tl;dv has a Free, Pro, and Enterprise plan. The Pro plan costs $20 monthly (billed annually.)
Gong is a sales engagement platform that offers call transcription for web conferencing meetings on Zoom, Google Meet, etc. It records, transcribes, and analyzes calls, providing valuable insights that are particularly beneficial for sales teams.
This Grain alternative also syncs your data – including call transcripts, meeting participants, date, and length – into your preferred CRMs.
Top features of Gong:
- Multi-language transcription
- Integration with CRM software like Salesforce
- Real-time deal alerts to identify risks
- Call insights and analysis
- People, deal & revenue intelligence
Pricing: Gong offers a custom pricing plan.
Fathom is a meeting assistant that records, transcribes, highlights, and summarizes meeting conversations. When you highlight specific portions of a Zoom call, it automatically generates a summary of the spoken content.
Besides integrating with platforms like Zoom, Microsoft Teams, and Google Meet, Fathom lets you copy and paste formatted summaries and action items to platforms like Google Docs and Gmail.
Top features of Fathom:
- Shareable meeting highlights using clips
- Playlists to save and share clips
- Repository for all calls
- Integration with tools like Hubspot, Google Docs, Notion, and Slack
- Actionable follow-up tasks
- Real-time meeting metrics like talk time
Pricing: Fathom provides both a free and paid plan (Team Edition.) The Team Edition costs $19 per user. A 14-day free trial is available.
This next Grain alternative automates meeting note-taking and transcription to help you save time. It also automatically captures all shared meeting slides and provides a summary email after the meeting.
The best part about Otter is that once you connect it to the scheduled meeting time, it'll automatically take the notes for you.
Top features of Otter:
- Transcription of pre-recorded audio or video files
- Real-time collaboration features such as commenting and revising
- Keyword analytics
- Speaker name identification
- Searchable meeting notes by keyword, date, and speaker
- Integration with calendar and video conferencing platforms
- Live captions for Zoom and Google Meet
Pricing: Otter has a Basic, Pro, Business, and Enterprise plan. The Starter plan costs $8.33/month when billed annually, while the Growth plan costs $20/month when billed annually. A 7-day free trial is available.
Chorus, just like Gong, is geared towards sales teams to help them capture and analyze all sales conversations across phone calls, video meetings, and email.
With Chorus, you can access accurate AI summary notes, search transcripts by keywords, and define trackers for specific themes or topics.
Top features of Chorus:
- Searchable transcripts
- Meeting recaps
- Insights like average speaking time and filler words
- Shareable meeting clips and snippets
- Deal & market intelligence
- Integrations with Salesforce, Zoho, Dialpad, etc.
Pricing: Chorus offers a custom pricing plan.
Avoma is another Grain alternative that provides automatic meeting recording and transcription, live bookmarking, and collaborative note-taking for all teams.
It also offers conversation and revenue intelligence and allows you to create snippets, comments, and playlists to share important moments and insights.
Top features of Avoma:
- Speaker recognition
- Transcription in over 30 languages
- Live collaboration that allows multiple people to edit notes in real-time
- A searchable database of conversations
- Actionable meeting insights
- Integration with 20+ platforms, including dialers and web conferencing tools
Pricing: Avoma has 4 plans: Basic (free), Starter, Plus, and Business. The Starter plan costs $17/month, the Plus plan $39/month, and the Business plan$59/month. A 14-day free trial is available.
MeetRecord is an AI-driven platform that records, transcribes, summarizes, and analyzes calls to help sales teams improve their performance.
This Grain alternative integrates with popular tools like Zoom, Google Meet, and MS Teams and allows users to create tailored sales coaching programs.
Top features of MeetRecord:
- Call insights
- Keyword tracking
- 15 integrations
- Sales Coaching
- Sharing and collaboration
- Top call highlights and summaries
Pricing: Meetrecord has three plans: Starter, Growth, and Custom. The Starter plan costs $39 monthly, while the Growth plan costs $59 monthly. A 7-day free trial is available.
So, which Grain alternative aligns the most with your needs?
There's no doubt that all these alternatives offer unique features and capabilities and are worth trying out if you're looking to expand your options.
However, if you need an all-in-one tool for your organization that offers meeting management, multi-language transcription, collaborative features, and numerous integrations (without breaking the bank, no less), then Fireflies is the perfect pick for you.